Hi All –
I’m tracking any updates on the GCR website – they have cancelled their first class dining trains scheduled for this weekend (21/22 Mar) due to Corona Virus. Various other services continue to run. It would be nice to have a glimmer of something to look forward to at this time of crisis, so I suggest as our booking is approx 10 weeks out at the end of May, we leave it in place for now and make the final decision at the end of April. That said, based on the evolving situation and advice/predictions from HM Gov, it does not look promising that the event will / should happen.
A deposit of £200 has been paid to GCR but the balance of your GCR monies are safely held by me with HSBC. Hopefully the deposit would be refunded in full if we cancel as would any hotel bookings paid for in advance.
The current situation is very challenging and stressful so if anyone disagrees with my approach, and would prefer to cancel now, i’d fully understand – please let me know.
Truly hope you and yours are all staying safe and well at this difficult time.
Mike & Carolyn xx