Many (all?) of you will have received a cancellation notice from Booking.com for May 30th relating to our planned trip on the Great Central Railway. The notification from Booking.com does not explain why but in the current pandemic crisis its sadly obvious.
I called the Burleigh Court Hotel just to confirm and they advised that their Company had regretfully made the decision to cancel all reservations at its three hotels up to the end of May.
There were no other suitable hotels nearby to accommodate our numbers so regretfully, I think we have to cancel or at least postpone the GCR dining event as well 😔😪
I was really hoping we could target this as an event to celebrate coming out of the crisis but I think the writing is on the wall that this will run and have a significant impact for a long while beyond the 3 week lock down.
I’ll contact GCR to update them and see what they say – I suspect it will be cleaner for us to cancel / refund and start again should we decide to try for another date…. but as a volunteer run organisation, they may want to offer alternate dates later in the year.
Let me know if you have a strong preference :
Try to re-schedule